1) Are you open for commissions right now?
I am currently open for:
- plushes made with past patterns and embroidery files I’ve already designed
I am NOT open for:
- “Pita!” plushes (“squished” plushes that are meant to be displayed inside ita bags)
- Standee doll plushes (usually comes with a doll stand)
^^^Currently closed until I open my commission form again! Join my mailing list if you want an email alert when it opens!
- brand new customized plushes where I have to create a whole new pattern that I don’t already have designed (so if you want a specially made plush of your character, I’m sorry, I am not the right person to do that for you)
2) What are the prices to commission a “Pita!” or Standee plush?
Pita/Standee commissions usually go for $350-600+ plus shipping, depending on the request. Sometimes it can go lower if the request is really simple and then obviously higher if it’s something more complex. How I calculate all comes down to, “How long do I think this will take me to make, from beginning to end” (and if I need to buy any extra materials, etc)
3) How do I request a “Pita!” or Standee plush? How does the process work?
Whenever I open up for commission requests, I give out a link to a Google form where you can then fill out and submit. I usually keep the application window open for a week so that everyone has a chance to send in a form.
Make sure you have these ready for the commission form:
- URL link(s) to reference pictures of your requests (a front and back view, at the very least; the more, the merrier!)
- pic of the face expression you desire
- any mention of props, accessories
- If you have a specific vision for your request, please be as detailed as possible
After I close the window for accepting request forms, I’ll go over everyone’s requests and choose the ones that interest me most. I’ll then DM or email the people I picked out and will give them price quotes for their plush request. If I get a “Yes”, then we move forward with payment and everything. If it’s a “No”, no worries, I’ll just go back pick someone else.
Payments are done with PayPal invoicing, all I would need is your PayPal email. I am fine with doing either payments as Full or Half-Now/Half-Later. Once everything is paid in full, we move forward from there.
4) Can I request my OC or [insert character/thing]? Do you only do anime requests?
Yes! You are welcome to request whatever you want. But it also doesn’t guarantee I’ll pick yours, so just a heads up.
Anime-related requests are certainly my most popular but I’m honestly open to anything. For example, I’ve received plenty of requests in the past for characters from video games/movies/western-cartoons but then I have received a lot of “No”s from them after giving a price quote. So the fact that I get more “Yes”s with anime-related requests also plays part in it.
I also love receiving OC requests! I actually don’t get those very often so please don’t be afraid to ask for those. To me, making a plush for someone’s OC is no different than making a character from a franchise I’m not very familiar with.
5) I live outside the US, is asking for a commission still okay?
Yes! I am fine with shipping outside the US as long as you’re willing to pay extra for the international shipping cost.
6) Hey! I love this Pita/Standee plush that someone else commissioned from you (via a Google form) a while back, can I ask for the exact same thing?
Short answer, no.
You can ask for maybe the same character BUT my rule is is that you have to ask for something that’s different about it from the other commission (different face expression, outfit, way the hair looks, etc). My goal is to make sure each plush commission I do is very special and one-of-a-kind to the commissioner. I think that’s only fair especially if the past commissioner put a lot of thought (and money) into making their commission possible.
For example, I’ve made multiple “Pita!” Reigen plushes, including one for myself. I want to make sure mine remains one-of-a-kind so I ask that the person who also wants a “Pita!” Reigen that they ask for at least a different face expression.
If it’s something I’ve made before “for fun” or to be sold at a convention then those plushes are okay to ask for.
7) What’s the best way to contact you if I have a question?
I prefer either Twitter DM (@kellyonelani) or email (Onelani@aol.com)
I have a Tumblr and Instagram but I don’t check those often. I’m most active on Twitter and I always have my email open.
8) I love your Aggretsuko plushes! Can I commission something from it?
Sorry, I don’t take commissions for Aggretsuko or anything by Sanrio. (Sanrio is against any fanmerch being sold, so I’d rather not go there.)
In the past, I’ve made Aggretsuko plushes for fun and have done giveaway contests with them. So that is the most I can do. Thank you for understanding!
9) I love your Mob Psycho 100 plushes! Can I commission something?
Yes, since they fall into the category of “plushes made with past patterns and embroidery files I’ve already designed”. BUT! If it’s for a character I haven’t made before or is a different version of someone, that is considered a special commission request then (see #3). You also cannot ask for a plush that was a past special commission (see #6).
If you’re interested in a particular Mob Psycho 100 plush I’ve made in the past (I’ve made many different kinds) or have any questions regarding them, feel free to email or Twitter DM me, thanks!